AppSweep Integration

Hello, GuardSquare!

I’m trying to integrate AppSweep in my Android project, but I’m receiving the error attached. Someone can help me with this problem?

Regards,

Hi @dgoulart,

It looks like the build is uploaded as part of a Gradle build. Couple of quick things to look into, does the APK you are producing from your build upload successfully manually, if you do not automate it as part of the Gradle build, or does the manual upload also fail to analyze?

If the manual upload is successful, then maybe we can look more closely at your gradle build steps to see what is going on.

Otherwise, if the manual upload fails with the similar error, we can see if we can diagnose on this end in our logs, or reach out to get a copy of the APK to see what might be causing the issue.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

Hi @dgoulart,

the integration already looks good, the app is upoaded fine. Unfortunately your app cannot be analyzed at the moment.
We are working on a fix for this, and I will keep you in the loop in this threat once it makes sense to trigger the upload again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Dennis

1 Like

Hello Dennis and Ryan!

@rlloyd yes, we did the manual upload and it failed.

@Dennis Ok! Thank you! I’ll wait for an update from your side!

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Daniel

Hello @Dennis @rlloyd Any update on this case?

Or at least some prevision for it will be concluded?

Regards,

Hi @dgoulart,

The team was able to identify what was causing the failed analysis in the app. Right now we have a Task assigned to the upcoming Sprint where we will look to fix the cause of the failure. We should have an update in the coming weeks on when you can resubmit your app. We’ll keep you posted.

thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

Perfect!

Thanks, @rlloyd !

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @dgoulart,

thanks for your patience. AppSweep 1.0.5 (released just now) includes a fix for this.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us!

Best regards,
Dennis

1 Like

Hello @Dennis !

I’m tryiing to see this version, but the lsat one appearing is 0.1.5 in here
https://plugins.gradle.org/plugin/com.guardsquare.appsweep

Could you please show me how can I see the newest updae?

Hi @dgoulart,

The fix that @Dennis mentioned is not in the Gradle plugin but in the AppSweep web service itself, which is versioned separately from the Gradle plugin. There’s no need to explicitly upgrade. Just upload your app to AppSweep again.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,
Brent

3 Likes

Hello, @brent!

I’ve upload my app to AppSweep again and it worked :slight_smile:

I just want to confirm why I’m receiving this error in the mapping file

I think that AppSweep isn’t catching the flavor ofthe project (prd):

There is a way to adapt this from our side? Or it need to be a change from your side?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I still need to look into it in detail, it might be that the flavor (i.e., its configuration) is indeed the problem. Do you see some output like

Task :app:uploadToAppSweepRelease
Uploading library information.
Uploading mapping file /some/path

in the output of gradle?

The library information log output will always be there, the mapping one is only there if the plugin recognized that you enabled obfuscation.

Best regards,
Dennis