How can i deobfuscate my code

Hi
i have a spring boot application
i was looking that if I can deobfuscate my code to understand which file has changed to which name
is there any tool or any process there ??
i m getting below error and not able to understand which code I should not obfuscate

Hi @Shradha_Bharti,

You can use the ReTrace tool to deobfuscate stacktraces like this. You can find the details here and you can find the ReTrace application in the ProGuard distribution zip.

The important things to note:

• You need to use the -printmapping option when obfuscating your application and keep the mapping file produced somewhere safe: -printmapping mapping.txt will write a file called mapping.txt with the mapping of original names to obfuscated names.

• You can then execute the ReTrace application as follows: bin/retrace.sh mapping.txt stacktrace.txt where stacktrace.txt contains your obfuscated stacktrace.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi
We used same process but in output still it is printing obfuscated names only . But when we see mapping file there is a mapping for that class but it is not printed while deobfuscating .Can you please help us .
after deobfuscating it is printing same log as it is
2020-12-01 09:35:47,236+0530 [INFO] pipelineprocess.a.a edos-dp-geobox-main 21.3.51.0-SNAPSHOT - Adding calls_statistics
But inside mapping file we have a mapping

Hi @Obulreddy,

By default, ReTrace matches standard Java stacktraces only. You can specify your own regex to use for the matching, for example:

$ java -jar retrace.jar -regex '^.* \[.*\] %c .*'  mapping.txt stacktrace.txt 
2020-12-01 09:35:47,236+0530 [INFO] pipelineprocess.builder.Pipeline edos-dp-geobox-main 21.3.51.0-SNAPSHOT - Adding calls_statistics

This regex uses the %c as a wildcard for class names. You can find more details in the manual https://www.guardsquare.com/en/products/proguard/manual/retrace