Meaning of the mapping conflict warning

Hi,

Getting the warning/error below when using proguard. I checked the provided URL, but I just want to clarify the meaning of this warning (and the impacts of ignoring it for this class).

Does it just mean that the variable “conf” won’t be obfuscated, but all references to it will still work as expected?

Thanks very much.

[proguard] Warning: com.a.b.c.MyClassName: field ‘org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration conf’ is not being kept as ‘n’, but remapped to ‘conf’
[proguard] Warning: com.a.b.c.MyClassName: field ‘org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration conf’ is not being kept as ‘n’, but remapped to ‘conf’
[proguard] Warning: there were 2 kept classes and class members that were remapped anyway.
[proguard] You should adapt your configuration or edit the mapping file.
[proguard] If you are sure this remapping won’t hurt, you could try your luck
[proguard] using the ‘-ignorewarnings’ option.
[proguard] (ProGuard Manual: Troubleshooting | Guardsquare)
[proguard] Error: Please correct the above warnings first.

Hi,

This warning means you have a conflict between your configuration (-keep options) and the mapping file provided with -applymapping. On one hand you instruct ProGuard to rename a certain field but on the other hand you wish to -keep it.
At the moment the field n was renamed/obfuscated to conf, if this will result in the project being broken depends on your code. I would strongly advise to thoroughly test it, and ideally fix the conflict in your configuration.

Kind regards,
Jonas