Recommended Blogs Thread

With so much great work published online, it’s sometimes tough narrowing down the options to what’s most interesting. I’m excited to start this thread for those looking to pay it forward when you find something interesting to recommend. Whether you authored it, or someone else, we welcome anything relevant to our community. Simply reply to this post, give a short description with proper citation, and that’s it!

I’ll be updating this weekly with my suggestions and looking forward to seeing what you’ve been reading lately.

1 Like

To start us off I’d like to promote a Medium blog by Thomas Lim. Someone reached out to our team and referenced it as a good introductory source to reverse-engineering. I hope it’s useful to you too!

1 Like

I really liked this post about reverse engineering part of Spotify’s DRM. It uses some cool tools and theory, but the blog is respectful enough to stop before actually using the knowledge they gathered :wink:

Push the Red Button: Breaking Spotify DRM with PANDA

2 Likes

Hi! In the past I’ve written about getting started with ProGuard: Getting Started with ProGuard | raywenderlich.com . This was 2018 so I hope to soon to update this tutorial when I get some time :slight_smile: .

I also wrote some basics about reverse engineering here: Hack an Android App: Finding Forensic Artifacts | raywenderlich.com . Like the post above I’ve kept it basic as an introduction without actually using the knowledge against an app.

4 Likes

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

“Of the codebases audited in 2020, 84% contained at least one public open-source vulnerability.”

I thought this was an interesting article that covers open source security topics as well as legal consequences in this development approach.