Our team is pleased to share several ProGuard announcements today.
- Java support : Added support for Java 17
- Kotlin support : Added support for Kotlin 1.5
Second, we have released ProGuard 7.1.1 with a few bug fixes:
- Initialization and obfuscation of Kotlin callable references when using Kotlin 1.4 are fixed.
- Fail build when IncompleteClassHierarchyException is encountered.
- Fixed potential hanging of ProGuard process during optimization or obfuscation.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback you might have about either release.