AppSweep Frequently Asked Questions

Here we have gathered some of the frequently asked questions about AppSweep to get started and get to work quickly. Let us know if you have any questions missing here and our team will continue to update this page.

1. What is AppSweep?

AppSweep is an application security testing tool, built for mobile app developers. With AppSweep you can scan your Android app, find security issues and get recommendations to fix them quickly.

1. Who is AppSweep for?

You! If you develop Android apps with Java and Kotlin, AppSweep is your companion to find and fix security issues during development, before releasing your product, improving the success rate of pentesting down the line.

1. How do I get started with AppSweep?

It’s easy to get started with AppSweep. All you need to do is:

• Go to AppSweep
  • Upload your app
  • Scan it
  • Get the results

It’s just that simple.

1. Why should I use AppSweep?

AppSweep helps you find and fix security issues quickly with actionable recommendations while developing your mobile app. AppSweep’s focus is on true positives, letting you investigate real issues. It’s built on well-known Proguard technology. Moreover, you can continuously check your app security by integrating AppSweep in your development pipeline with our Gradle plugin, improving the success rate of pentesting down the line.

1. Why should I register for AppSweep?

By registering, you get access to additional features including: organizing your scans in projects, comparing different builds, exploring trends, monitoring improvements, and suppressing redundant issues. You can invite your team members and share reports and recommendations with them and, last but not least, you can integrate AppSweep into your CI process for automated scans with each build.

1. Is AppSweep free?

AppSweep is free. You and your teammates can upload any of your apps and scan as frequently as you need.

1. What happens to my data when I upload an app?

We commit to deal with your data in a secure and private way. Have a look to our Data Protection Agreement and security statements.

1. How do I start using AppSweep?

Everything you need to get started scanning your Android mobile app is here: upload your app, scan it and check the issues and recommendations AppSweep has identified for you.

1. How can I use AppSweep with my team?

You can easily work with your teammates on the same project, sharing scan results and recommendations. Just register to access the collaboration functionalities of AppSweep.

1. How can I integrate AppSweep into my workflow?

We have created a Gradle plugin to let you integrate AppSweep into your workflow. The plugin and the documentation are available on GitHub.

1. I got an error scanning my app, who can help me?

You are in the right place. Leverage the Guardsquare community to maximize the benefits of AppSweep. The Guardsquare team participates actively in the community.

Remember, we would greatly appreciate any check requests and feedback. We will also be updating this post as more questions come in.

1 Like