Proguard GUI doesn't start

I tried starting the proguard GUI with java -jar .\proguardgui.jar, but it fails with

Internal problem starting the ProGuard GUI (Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key field_generalization_classTip)
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key field_generalization_classTip
        at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:564)
        at java.base/java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:521)
        at proguard.gui.GUIResources.getMessage(GUIResources.java:43)
        at proguard.gui.OptimizationsDialog.msg(OptimizationsDialog.java:249)
        at proguard.gui.OptimizationsDialog.tip(OptimizationsDialog.java:237)
        at proguard.gui.OptimizationsDialog.<init>(OptimizationsDialog.java:126)
        at proguard.gui.ProGuardGUI.createOptimizationsButton(ProGuardGUI.java:984)
        ...snip

Did I set thing up incorrectly?

Hi @Martijn_Hoekstra

This seems to be an oversight in 7.1.0-beta2 - new optimizations were added but the GUI wasn’t updated. Can you try beta1?

Thanks,

James

Building 7.1.0-beta1 works as expected. I only now see there is a download for binaries on the github page. That would probably have been even easier.

Update: we’ve fixed this on the master branch now, so you can build from source again if you like! :slight_smile:

1 Like