AppSweep not collecting mapping.txt files for non Dexguarded builds

Hello! :wave:

This is my very first question on Guardsquare community, excited to be here!

I recently learned about AppSweep during a research I’ve been working regarding CI-ready Security Inspectors capable of black-box Security testing. So, I’d like to congratulate you all on AppSweep, looks like a really nice product in this landscape :100:

I have a question about Proguard mapping files. Unless I’m missing something, it looks like they are not being collected for non-Dexguarded projects.

I’ve done this test by myself on top of one of my open-source projects and also confirmed that by checking the source code of the Gradle plugin as well.

I’d love to learn if this is a current limitation of the product (hence intended behavior) or eventually a bug in the Gradle plugin. If a bug, I’d be happy report it on Github and/or raise a PR fixing it. :smile:

Best regards!

4 Likes

Dear @ubiratan.soares,

Welcome to our Community, and thanks a lot for taking the time to write here!

We are indeed currently only uploading the mapping file from Dexguard, but it makes a lot of sense to extend this also to non-Dexguarded projects that use the same mapping file format (e.g., Proguard). I would not call it a bug, just a missing feature :wink:.

If you want to create a PR for it, that would be amazing!

Best regards,
Dennis

2 Likes

Done here

https://github.com/Guardsquare/appsweep-gradle/pull/1

1 Like

Thank you @ubiratan.soares, that was quick! I will comment the PR directly.

Unfortunately, this is not as easy as we initially hoped.

@ubiratan.soares we will work on this at the beginning of September. I can ping you, once it is available.

Best regards,
Dennis

Hi @ubiratan.soares,

we just updated the Gradle plugin, now the obfuscation files for other obfuscators are also uploaded.
You can simply bump the version in your gradle file to 0.1.5, or ofc you can build it yourself :slight_smile:

If you have any questions of comments, feel free to post it here!

Best regards,
Dennis

1 Like